[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.publisher/trunk/ Moved dependency on zope.testing from install_requires to tests_require.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Aug 8 13:33:45 EDT 2009

Hey,

Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
[snip]
> In zope.component we use tests_require, in the very same way, for example.
> Shall I remove it there, too? Is there a policy/document which explains how
> we use extras and tests_require?

Probably not. I think it'd be very good to add something like this to
the Zope Toolkit documentation in SVN. Do you think you can write
something? Please send it to the list so people can review it before we
add it to SVN.

>> I'm a bit hesitant to introduce a test extra if it is just for
>> zope.testing, though. The complication introduced by the extra doesn't
>> seem to outweigh the advantage of loosing that one package to me.
>
> To me it looks weird: tests_extra is there for this specific reason.
> Why shouldn't we use it?

There are reasons which I forget that are discussed on this mailing list
some time ago, quite extensively at the time...

One of the things we want to do with the Zope Toolkit project is to
document decisions so that the same stuff doesn't keep coming up. This
is a good example.

Regards,

Martijn