[Zope-dev] Deprecated code in zope.location

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Fri Aug 21 15:07:13 EDT 2009

Hello,

we deprecated locationCopy and CopyPersistent from zope.locaton.pickling
with the 3.5.3 release (which should have been a new major release, by the
way).

This introduced a new dependency on zope.deferredimport, but I just
realized that according to the decisions taken by the streering group, the
right way to deprecate code is to *not* use zope.deferredimport:

    http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/steeringgroup/decisions.html

I thus propose to stop using zope.deferredimport in core ZTK packages, as
stated in the page I mentioned above, unless a new decision is made by who
is in charge of making decisions.

What about removing the use of zope.deferredimport from zope.location and
make a new major release of zope.location?

Thanks,
Fabio