[Zope-dev] Proposal: zope.app.publisher refactoring

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:28:06 EDT 2009

2009/8/21 Fabio Tranchitella <kobold at kobold.it>:
> * 2009-08-21 21:07, Dan Korostelev wrote:
>> IXMLRPCPublisher adapters for zope.container - move them to
>> zope.container. The IBrowserPublisher adapters that are already there, so
>> it won't make things worser. The zope.container package may be refactored
>> later to break dependency on zope.publisher though.
>
> -1, I think this is bad and we shouldn't do it: zope.container has nothing
> to do with the publisher, and it shouldn't depend on it. The fact that we
> already have the adapters for IBrowserPublisher shouldn't be a reason to
> bring more publisher-related stuff over there.

Sorry, I didn't explain correctly. Those things are actually simply
two ZCML declarations that register traversers that are already
defined in zope.container.traversal and used for browser traversing.
See for yourself - zope/app/container/xmlrpc/configure.zcml. I think
those zcml declarations should be placed together with browser adapter
registrations, so people who will be refactoring zope.container could
see them. :)

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev