[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12: mkzopeinstance, runzope and zopectl - a small proposal

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Tue Aug 25 20:20:18 EDT 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Jonas Meurer <jonas at freesources.org> wrote:
> > zope2 releases based on buildout make it very hard for distributors to
> > package zope2. especially as zope2 requires
> > from what i know about buildout (and that's not much), it either requires
> > a working internet connection or a local mirror with exact versions of
> > all required python eggs.
> >
> > i would highly appreciate a final release tarball which includes all
> > required python library/module eggs.
>
> This ought to be easy using zc.sourcerelease.  We (zc) use it to make
> self-contained tar balls from which we build rpms.

do you have any examples how to use zc.sourcerelease for that purpose? i
see that this is the right utility, but i fail to understand how it
works up to now. the whole buildout stuff is fairly new to me.

it would be great if you had an example script with zc.sourcerelease
which creates a source tarball for zope2.12.

if i got it right i need buildout.cfg for zc.sourcerelease which
describes how to create the tarball. and then i need a second
buildout.cfg for zope2.12 which describes how to actually build zope2.12
from the sources that zc.sourcerelease put together, right?

greetings, and thanks in advance,
 jonas