[Zope-dev] ZCA proposal

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:52:18 EST 2009

Gary Poster wrote:
> I think I could get fully behind the following proposal that others have made (Shane I think was one of several?).
>
> IFoo.adapt(...)
>
> IFoo.utility(...)

Thinking about it a bit, it strikes me that IFoo.adapt(context) may not
be right. This reads "IFoo adapt context", which doesn't make sense.
What I really want to hear is "context adapted to IFoo". So maybe it's

   IFoo.adapting(context)?
   IFoo.adapterFor(context)?
   IFoo.adapter(context)?

Just thinking out loud.

Thinking out loud further, I think I may actually prefer IFoo.instance()
instead of .utility(), but maybe that debate is already passed.
.utility() is OK too.

Martin