[Zope-dev] the ZCA API decision

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:06:17 EST 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Thomas Lotze wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> Thomas Lotze, are you happy enough with this to still help with the
>> implementation?
>
> I am indeed. This isn't the ideal solution I had hoped for, but it is a
> big step in a good direction from my point of view and I don't see any
> part of it that might take us away from the ideal solution which I still
> hope we can implement at some point in the future.
>
> How are we going to organise the work? Do you intend to sketch out a plan
> for action? Should everyone create their own branches and experiment for a
> while first?

I don't know if too much experimentation is needed for this in particular.

I would think we would want to follow the pattern of the adapter_hooks in zope.interface.interface, including the C optimizations.

I would be comfortable with you leading the effort, in a shared branch, if that works for you.  You could specify what parts you wanted help on.

Or would you prefer someone else to take charge?

Gary