[Zope-dev] Generations in Zope 2

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 05:18:37 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:02, Christian Zagrodnick <cz at gocept.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to get generations working in Zope 2 the following subscriber is needed:
>
> @zope.component.adapter(zope.app.appsetup.IProcessStartingEvent)
> def evolve_minimum(event):
>    zope.app.generations.generations.evolve(
>        Zope2.DB, zope.app.generations.generations.EVOLVEMINIMUM)
>

> I think should become part of Zope 2 / Five. Objections?

Not really, but by making it a part of Five you make any use of
generations dependant on having at least that version of Five. If
that's OK for you, then no objections. The alternative would be a
separate production but admittedly, having a separate product just to
register single-line adapter seems silly. :)
http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64