[Zope-dev] zope.testing.doctestunit and BBB

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Sun Dec 20 17:55:57 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:12:14PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 17:36, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> > My app's buildbot went all red last night, because its config wants the
> > latest zope.testing (for our developers' convenience), and the latest
> > zope.testing release no longer ships its own copy of doctest.py, I
> > guess:
>
> No, it's still there.
>
> >  from zope.testing.doctestunit import DocTestSuite
>
> doctestunit? It's in doctest. That line should be:
>
> from zope.testing.doctest import DocTestSuite

Good, it means I can run a global search-and-replace over my project and

I don't know if 'doctestunit' was ever a part of the official
zope.testing API, I just know that I've learned to use

  from zope.testing.doctestunit import DocTestSuite

somewhere (Jim's PyCon presentation?  Ancient Zope 3 source tree?), used
it that way for many years, never got as much as a deprecation warning,
and now suddenly disappeared in a bugfix release.

*shrug*

Marius Gedminas