[Zope-dev] New release of zope.interface

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Dec 22 17:18:12 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Fabio Tranchitella <kobold at kobold.it> wrote:
> * 2009-12-22 22:54, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Isn't the new release emitting a deprecation warning? In this case, I'd fix
> zope.interface (and all the other packages).

I'm not sure. I only work against the ZTK, which doesn't use the
misbehaving zope.testing yet.

>> zope.interface has C extensions and thus a new release needs all the
>> Windows binary eggs to be made again.
>
> Not a big issue, I can prepare all the Window eggs if this is thee problem;

Ok, I've given you PyPi access to zope.interface :-)

> by the way, i checked out your releases (zope.schema, zope.location,
> zope.configuration) and the source package is released as a zip file: is
> there a policy for using tarballs for ZTK packages or it is okey to use zip
> files, too?

We just had that debate a couple days ago. We concluded that using
both tar.gz and zip are fine for source releases. Only bzip2 is
forbidden, as it's not available on all platforms.

Hanno