[Zope-dev] windows newslines in doctests

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Dec 28 16:57:07 EST 2009

Benji York wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> I've run into problems with Windows newlines in doctests a couple of
>> times now and so thought I'd ask what people do in general to work
>> around this...
>
> I don't think line ending problems happen very often.  I'd be interested
> in seeing a doctest that has problems.

I think if your development environment involves Windows checkouts, they
happen more often that you'd like, especially when a single Windows
developer doesn't have svn:eol-style set for all types that end up being
doctests.

This becomes even more problematic if your source control system doesn't
have any notion of platform-specific line endings.

>> Do you:
>> - something else I'm not aware of :-)
>
> Maybe NORMALIZE_WHITESPACE would help.

That normalizes *all* whitespace, whereas I'm really only concerned
about whitespace...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk