[Zope-dev] Top-level namespace package for Zope 2 ?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Dec 29 08:21:57 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
>    I was going through Zope 2 source code today. There are 20+ top-level
> packages specific to Zope 2.  Would it be useful if we move those packages
> to a top-level namespace package.  I mean something similar to:
> "zope.app.*", "grokcore.*", "repoze.bfg.*"  ?

What would be the advantage of that? It'd break every single existing
import. Most of those packages aren't reusable in the wild and
shouldn't be released outside of the Zope2 distribution.

The packages that we might want to break out (like we did with
Acquistion, ExtensionClass, DateTime) should retain their name, so
nobody has to change any code to work with them.

Hanno