[Zope-dev] removing zope.app from the ZTK

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:05:50 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> It seems that you want to have a 'ZTK+' which aims to be backwards
> compatible with Zope 3 but is somehow not Zope 3 itself. That is
> something that not everybody appears to be interested in judging by the
> lack of progress on Zope 3 itself, but if you want to pursue that I do
> not see any reason for you not to do that. But it should separate from
> the ZTK.

Agreed; the lean & mean ZTK is more interesting than this ZTK +
zope.app construct.

Creating a second known-good-set construct based on the ZTK and adding
the selected zope.app package sounds like a straightforward task.  It
should be able to reuse the testing policies with little or no change.

I agree with Martijn's desire for caution, however.  This split should
be done, but this is a split, not a simple removal of the zope.app
packages without setting up this ZTK+ construct.

  -Fred