[Zope-dev] windows newslines in doctests

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 14:15:18 EST 2009

Fred Drake wrote:

> It's interesting to note that Python 2.6's doctest doesn't use
> universal newlines, but zope.testing.doctest.

Good think we haven't just deprecated zope.testing.doctest and defecated
  on zope.testing in the process...

...oh wait.

Interestingly, the doctests I referred to in my original post were
Manuel doctests, which (Benji, lemme know if I'm wrong...) use Python's
doctest module rather than zope.testing's one, in which case I think you
  may have hit the nail precisely on the head...

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk