[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12.2 SyntaxError on installation

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Dec 29 15:56:01 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 03:59:07PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>> Marius Gedminas wrote:
> It'd be even better if there was a command I could run to generate an
> up-to-date default zope.conf, like mkzopeinstance does.  Is there one?
> Maybe there's a place for "bin/zopectl init" that would mkdir etc var log
> and write a default etc/zope.conf?  (Thanks to whoever came up with
> "bin/zopectl adduser", BTW, much appreciated!)

Well, either you use mkzopeinstance, which indeed generates an
instance for you with all things included, or if you use buildout you
use a recipe like plone.recipe.zope2instance, in which case all it
takes is:

[instance]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
eggs = Zope2
user = admin:password
http-address = 127.0.0.1:8080

and there's lots of documentation of the available options on the
recipe page on PyPi.

The current buildout docs are aimed at people who know how to set up
Zope2 and don't want any help. Those are comfortable reading ZConfig
definition files.

Hanno