[Zope-dev] Zope Toolkit - packages with zope.app dependencies

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 17:19:01 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 22:54, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Because we have a ton of installed base out there

Do we? I think the debate is somewhat confused here, or possibly it's
only me. :)
It seems to be two separate issues here:

1. Including these packages in the ZTK.
2. Refactoring with BBB and deprecation.

The last thing is obviously important, because these packages are, as
you say, out there. But that really isn't very relevant to whether
they are included in the ZTK or not. Because the ZTK does *not* have a
big installed base. Zope 2.12 doesn't use it. Grok 1.0 doesn't use it.
Zope 3.4 doesn't use it.

So obviously the refactored zope.app.* packages should have BBB
imports and stuff. I think everyone agrees about that.

But does that mean these packages must be included in ZTK for the time
being? If they do, I don't understand why.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64