[Zope-dev] snakebite

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sun Feb 1 17:22:59 EST 2009

Sebastien Douche a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:55, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>> I think the Zope project counts as a "prominent Python project" and we
>> have a lot of interesting code to test, so perhaps they'll let us in. :)
>>
>> Would people be interested in working on making use of this platform? We
>> could use it for testing of a wide range of packages. Perhaps the ZODB
>> would be an interesting package to start with. If so we should approach
>> snakebite to see whether we can get on board.
>

> Me and Cristophe Combelles (ccomb) are ok to integrate the "KGS team".
> And we have alternates solutions if Snakebite reject Zope3 :
> - AFPy (french python association) get a new server
> - My company accept to help Zope project with a (non)dedicated server

I'm really excited to see the Zope 3.4.0 release. Thanks, Stephan!
It's also good to have a 6-month release cycle. But we will need to stabilize
the KGS very quickly. It'd be nice to let the KGS be built automatically by
testing each new package version against every other packages.

As Sebastien said, we have (at least) one new machine that can possibly be
dedicated to set-up a buildbot, in case we can't rely on snakebite. We'll
probably need help also from Marius who already did this for 3.4 (
http://zope3.pov.lt )

Christophe