[Zope-dev] "zope3docs"

Paul Carduner paulcarduner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 12:16:38 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> My short-term goal is to produce a document that I can pass to new
> developers with reasonable confidence that they know roughly how to
> move in our community.
>
> In the long term I'd also like to incorporate documentation about Zope
> 3 components themselve there.

Awesome!

> I'd be happy to get feedback on this and I'll probably come up with
> some questions if I can't find an answer in the existing documents.

I'll ask the question of why not put this on the new.zope.org website?
 I think the obvious response is that it's easier to write docs in rst
format and stick it in subversion than to write it out on the plone
site where people don't get change notifications, etc.  That said, it
would be nice if these docs could somehow magically appear on the
plone site (I'm told plone has some product for syncing content from
subversion?).  Alternatively, we could just generate the docs from the
rst files but use the sphinx template I made in z3c.recipe.sphinxdoc
that looks just like the plone site.

Hopefully there is something I can contribute to these docs, but it
looks like you've got a pretty good start on them.

--
Paul Carduner
http://www.carduner.net