[Zope-dev] Retiring the Zope SVN trunk? was: Re: Zope Tests: 6 OK, 2 Failed

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Tue Feb 3 13:44:23 EST 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 13:56, Hanno Schlichting <hannosch at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> It becomes somewhat hard and annoying to keep the old full Zope trunk
>> tree based on externals in sync with the Zope2 buildout and its KGS
>> definition and it seems I failed yesterday.
>>
>> I'd suggest we reorganize the Zope trunk and replace it by the current
>> buildout. As part of that we can move the code that has been moved to
>> its own projects like Acquisition and DateTime out of the main tree.
>
> Would that mean that 2.12 becomes buildout-only? Not that I mind, I
> use buildouts all the time anyway. Maybe that's the plan anyhow?

It would mean buildout becomes a requirement for the development of
Zope2 itself.

For the devlopment with or on top of Zope2 any system that can deal with
normal Python distributions would work. In addition the plan is to
release at least for Zope 2.12 an old-style tarball release in the same
way all releases up to 2.11 have been handled.

Hanno