[Zope-dev] Merge zc.copy with zope.copypastemove and zope.location.

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 08:59:05 EST 2009

After looking at the whole copy thing for some more time, I thought
that it even makes sense to extract the object cloning functionality
to some "zope.copy" (or even "zope.persistentcopy") package that will
contain clone and copy functions as well as ICopyHook mechanism, but
won't contain IObjectCopier implementation, because the "clone" and
"copy" functions from zc.copy are useful without any container
context. Then zope.copypastemove and zope.location could just depend
on the zope.copy, so we won't introduce many dependencies for
zope.location and make people able to easily copy persistent objects
w/o installing on zope.copypastemove or even zope.location.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev