[Zope-dev] zc.selenium Zope2 support

Wolfgang Schnerring ws at gocept.com
Thu Feb 19 03:26:04 EST 2009

Hello,

On http://svn.zope.org/zc.selenium/branches/wosc-zope2/
I've worked to make zc.selenium be usable in Zope2/Five.

There are two big changes, apart from having to sprinkle some
try/except imports and other small compatibility bits around:
1. Since Zope2 insists quite firmly on running in its own process, the
current way reporting of test results to the runner via a
thread-shared queue is not possible. Instead, I've integrated a small
HTTP serving part into the runner that the browser can POST the
results to. This should incur no additional overhead, since the
previous way was "browser POSTs to zope-side view which puts the
results into the queue" and now it's "browser POSTs to runner-side
view which puts the results into the queue".
2. I moved from "class-based resources" to simply use views (for "*"),
since the Five/Zope2 machinery gave me lots of trouble that just
disappeared once I switched to views instead of trying to trick
resources into acting like views. I think for zc.selenium-users (who
inherit from pytest.Test or use the <test:seleniumTest> directive) the
change should be completely backward-compatible.

Could someone please review the branch and check what's missing for it
to be merged to the trunk?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Schnerring · ws at gocept.com