[Zope-dev] Coding style clarifications

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Feb 20 07:06:34 EST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>  -1 for repeating
> english.adjective.fully english.adverb.qualified english.noun.package
> english.noun.names all over the place in the code

If you have package hierarchies remotely that deep, you have bigger
problems.

If dotted names are long enough to be a significant bother, packages
are too deeply nested.  Too deeply nested packages was a mistake we
made in Zope 3 early on.

I prefer to have no-more than two levels of packages, a namespace
package and a project package within the namespace packages.  (I can
live with 3 levels in some cases.)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton