[Zope-dev] z3c.form update issues

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Feb 21 11:54:59 EST 2009

Hi all

I fixed a z3c.form issue where util.Manager keys and values
get append more then one time by calling update more then once
on widgets or actions.

For doing so, I implemented a UniqueOrderedKeys class for
util.Manager._data_keys and a decorator which will prevent
to override them. See z3c.form.util.py line: 120

Can you please review if this and let me know it this
is compatible with our own z3c.form parts?

My motivation to deep into this is to find a better way how we
use the update track. I think we should separate the update
process into a setup and execute concept. I have the feeling,
but could not really tell it right now, that we need to separate
execute for prevent calling execute more then once during
calling update.

Update should get called more then once at least if it comes to
calculate button/handler conditions. Because it's possible that
an action execute call manipulates something which will change the
button condition which we need to recalculate within an action
update call.

Any hints/ideas about that. Or do you know a good use case
for this problem. It also smells to me that the MultiWidget or
the ObjectWidgets implementation could be more robust within
a better update/execute concept.

Regards
Roger Ineichen