[Zope-dev] Retiring dev.zope.org aka /devhome wiki

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Sun Feb 22 15:53:59 EST 2009

On 2009-02-22, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> One other option would to convert the related stuff to reST, import it
> to svn.zope.org and generate nice looking HTML using Sphinx on
> docs.zope.org. This is perhaps the best solution for "old" static
> content that does not change often and for which we don't need a CMS.
>
> Thoughts?

Yeah, using svn/sphinx for this is a good idea. The sort of
documentation in there seems the sort of stuff svn-access-wielding
developers write.

And: I don't mind doing a bit of this work. But: I'm getting a bit
lost in the various websites (old/new/unfinished/never_started).

Could someone chime in with a bit of an overview:

http://docs.zope.org/
  Where is the svn source?

http://zode01.lovelysystems.com/....
  That's the now-stopped zope.org refactoring, right?

http://www.zope.org/DevHome/
  The stuff to be moved to svn.

http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/Zope3Wiki
  Sounds like it was meant to end up on the refactored zope.org? Is
  this also fodder for sphinx on docs.zope.org?

Preparing my fingers for some typing... :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees
reinout at vanrees.org