[Zope-dev] zope.publisher dependencies

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 24 09:57:52 EST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 3:08 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> I've been working on the dependencies to and from zope.publisher.
> Refining the dependencies should make it easier to integrate
> zope.pipeline when it's ready.

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

> I've noticed that nearly all packages that depend on zope.publisher
> depend only on a few pieces of it:
>
>   - zope.publisher.interfaces
>
>   - zope.publisher.browser.Browser{View|Page}
>
>   - zope.publisher.browser.TestRequest

I'd like to turn this around a little bit.  Only browser-based code
should depend on zope.publisher.  This seems like a very reasonable
dependency.  It's like wxwindows UI code depending on wxwindows.
Maybe the browser code should be factored out of the packages that
depend on zoep.publisher so that only *that* code has the dependency
and non-browser code doesn't.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton