[Zope-dev] zope.publisher dependencies

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:33:18 EST 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Packages that depend on those classes usually more or less implicitly
> > depend on zope.publisher. So the split might be arbitrary for this
> > example.
>
> My understanding is that Shane is working on an alternative publisher,
> zope.pipeline, that doesn't need this other code. Is that correct, Shane?

I see. He only needs the interfaces, so that he can write compatible code. And
he is doing some rest-like stuff, so he does not need browser. I would only
factor out the browser code, if it introduces additional dependencies.

In general I am worried that we are creating too many packages. However, here
is my order of importance:

1. Minimize dependencies.
2. Minimize packages.

Regards,