[Zope-dev] Zope.pipeline proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 25 11:07:36 EST 2009

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I've put up a draft of a zope.pipeline proposal:
>
> http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopePipeline
>
> The proposal is intended to explain my thoughts on the subject more
> thoroughly.

+1 for the project. I think this will make it easier to reason about
what goes on in Zope and help us evolve the publisher forward. It's also
high time the Zope Framework started to adopt concepts from Repoze; it
shouldn't only flow one way. :)

One area that I'd like to see support for is some easy way to turn off
security proxies. It's rumored there is such a way but with Grok, we
ended up ripping them off repeatedly anyway. Am I right in that it
should be possible to put a WSGI endware on top of this whole stack that
does an explicit security check?

Regards,

Martijn