[Zope-dev] Proposal: merge zc.configuration's exclude directive into zope.configuration.

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:26:16 EST 2009

Hi there.

The "exclude" directive provided by zc.configuration package is easy
to use and straightforward. I think it's used almost in every
zope-based application setup. Its implementation is very small and
fits great in zope.configuration's standard directives. So I'd like to
propose to move it to zope.configuration and make it always available
for ZMCL files, just like the "include" directive, so people would'nt
need to install extra package and include an extra "meta.zcml" file
before being able to use it.

If noone objects, I'd like to do that and make the "exclude" directive
from zc.configuration point to the zope.configuration's implementation
making the original place deprecated (however I guess the whole
zc.configuration package should't be deprecated as it's intended to be
a common place for configuration extensions, even if it has only one
directive now).

Jim, if you're fine with that, can you please give me rights for
zc.configuration on PYPI, my user name is "nadako".

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev