[Zope-dev] Proposal: merge zc.configuration's exclude directive into zope.configuration.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Feb 27 10:35:46 EST 2009

Hey,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Ethan Jucovy <ethan.jucovy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> That's asking for a feature that other packages that *don't* use
>> autoinclude don't support! You lose control as soon as you include a
>> package's "configure.zcml". There's no difference with
>> non-auto-inclusion here; [snip]
>
> That's true on paper, but in practice z3c.autoinclude's *indirection*
> does make a difference when you're just trying to debug what's going
> on.

If something goes wrong, that's true. I'm not sure how it goes wrong -
if it goes right, you're going to have included the list of
dependencies that's in setup.py (if they have relevant zcml files).

>  At any rate, the next release of z3c.autoinclude will provide
> this feature, through environment variables:
> http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/framework-team/2009-February/002690.html

Yeah, I saw some code. I don't quite see the point of that feature, as
it will most likely result in non-working code, right?

Regards,

Martijn