[Zope-dev] zope.globalrequest?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 18 14:29:40 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote at 2009-1-18 11:38 -0500:
>I don't actually know how this package fits in with either Z2 or Z3:  Z2
>apps are always able to acquire the request,

This is not the case for "localsitemanager" delivered local utilities
and we therefore have had several problems.

> while Z3 apps use the
>"separation of concerns" pattern I just outlined.

Nobody forces you to go this route.

 I've never wanted a
>'get_request' method in "production" code:  I would consider the need
>for it a sign that something in the application is factored wrongly.

You could use the same arguments with respect to the global "site" ;-)
But few people in Zope 3 land separate "site" dependent and "site"
independent code despite some cases where the global "site" does
make problems.

--
Dieter