[Zope-dev] Plans for Zope 2.12

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sun Jan 25 07:29:14 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:56, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> I plan to provide such a package as "dm.ZClasses" or (maybe) "Zope2.ZClasses"
> -- of course with some complaints against the Zope release management
> in the documentation:
>
>  *  cutting away useful features without any serious need
>
>  *  lacking commitment wrt backward compatibility
>
>  *  enforcing philosophical opinions (applications should be
>     created programmatically not via configuration only (such
>     as with ZClasses))

Oh, please come off it. You have checkin rights and could have stepped
up to maintain the code. This is not about enforcing philosophical
choices, this is about being pragmatic. If the feature was truely
useful, more developers would be maintaining and fixing it. Obviously
the complexity of keeping it working is outweighing it's usefulness.

--
Martijn Pieters