[Zope-dev] Attention Zope 3 KGS consumers: zope.kgs changes

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jan 27 12:57:49 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

as you probably saw from the checkins last night, Paul and I finished all
outstanding coding tasks that were blocking a Zope 3.4 release based on a
KGS. In particular, we can generate a skinable Web site for a KGS and the
release process is now very much automated.

With these extensions comes also a change in URLs. All files/directories
related to a particular version are now located within a directory named
after the version. For the Zope 3 KGS, this will have the following impact:

http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions-3.4.0c4.cfg
->
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/3.4.0c4/versions.cfg

http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/controlled-packages-3.4.0c4.cfg
->
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/3.4.0c4/controlled-packages.cfg

I will retroactively change the locations for all zope3.4 KGS releases.

Thus, I am very interested to hear from the consuming communities: How painful
is that for you? I am particularly interested to hear from Grok, Zope 2 and
Plone, but also from individuals using the KGS.

Thanks!

Regards,
Stepan
--