[Zope-dev] How to test changes to ZTK packages?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Jul 1 04:55:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Wolfgang Schnerring<ws at gocept.com> wrote:
> I think it would be useful to standardize on *one* compatibility testing
> method for the ZTK (and then document it).

I think it would be good if someone actually would define what the ZTK
includes in terms of packages ;)

zope.release currently defines some megalomanic set of all zope, z3c
and bunch of other things. Some of the z3c packages require lxml which
has been seen as a bit tedious to deal with. I don't know when all
tests for all packages in zope.release have passed last, but I suspect
that has been quite a while for its current trunk.

I can still offer
http://svn.zope.org/Zope/trunk/versions.cfg?view=markup as a base for
a technical definition. That list uses all the latest versions of all
packages available on PyPi and I keep it updated for now, as there's
no other place where I could get a current ZTK KGS definition from. It
includes all packages that are required by Zope2 to both run it and
run all of its tests including all tests for all transitive
dependencies.

Cheers,
Hanno