[Zope-dev] zope.proxy, c-extensions fallback?

Tim Hoffman timh at zute.net
Wed Jul 8 14:29:24 EDT 2009

Hi Jens

I have attached a hacked zope.proxy and peak.utils which implements the
proxy.
I used this a while back when I got plain zope3 going on gae.

Now that i am using repoze.bfg on gae I haven't had to use it but it might
help you

I have found I am also not using zope.location (repoze.bfg has some
alternatives) which could be another way of getting around the problem.

Also if you run into problems with zope.security give me a yell as I have a
hacked zope.deferredimport and zope.security I can shoot your way

I personally have also stopped using these because I have all I need in bfg
at the moment
and I think all the refactoring going on in zope3 (ZTK) will probably be a
much more supported
direction compared with my ugly hacks from last year ;-)