[Zope-dev] utilities and python version in zope2.12

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Fri Jul 10 10:27:51 EDT 2009

Hello again,

On 07/07/2009 Andreas Jung wrote:
> As Tres already pointed out: the *relevant* scripts are registered using
> entry points afaik and will use the right Python interpreter.
>
> Wrong references to old Python versions in
>
> src/AccessControl/securitySuite/regressionSecurity.py
> src/Products/ZCTextIndex/tests/mhindex.py
>
> should be fixed but this only a cosmetic issue here.

and as I can see in svn, you already fixed both of them. thanks for
that.

but what about all the scripts that still have python2.4 hardcoded as
interpreter? if zope2.12 doesn't support python2.4, these should be
fixed as well in my eyes.

here's a list of scripts that use hardcoded python2.4 interpreter:

src/Zope2/utilities/check_catalog.py
src/Zope2/utilities/compilezpy.py
src/Zope2/utilities/copyzopeskel.py
src/Zope2/utilities/decompilezpy.py
src/Zope2/utilities/load_site.py
src/Zope2/utilities/mkzeoinstance.py
src/Zope2/utilities/mkzopeinstance.py
src/Zope2/utilities/requestprofiler.py
src/Zope2/utilities/zpasswd.py

and one test has a python2.4 requirement in documentation:

src/ZPublisher/tests/generate_conflicts.py

see the attached patch to fix these remaining ones.

greetings,
 jonas