[Zope-dev] z3c.recipe.i18n and zope.app.locales.extract

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Jul 17 10:36:20 EDT 2009

Roger Ineichen wrote:

>> to the old
>> Done. I also added site_zcml as argument.
>>
>> What about wrapping py_strings, zcml_strings and tal_strings
>> in functions that implement the new interface? This would
>> make it possible to add them to the makers list and call them
>> in the same loop.
>
> Yes, why not. Probably we should do this together with a
> refactoring and change/enhance the method signature for
> the pot makers.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What exactly do you want to
change/enhance?

This checkin already changed/enhanced the way pot makers are called:
http://svn.zope.org/?rev=101958&view=rev

Do you want to improve that further or do you propose to modify
py_strings, zcml_strings and tal_strings? They all have currently
different signatures. I can't see a way to unify that in a backwards
compatible way. That's why I proposed to wrap them in new
z3c.recipe.i18n specific functions.

I propose I start with the changes I have in mind. Of course you can
improve that further after I'm done.

Cheers, Yuppie