[Zope-dev] Bug tracking

Wolfgang Schnerring ws at gocept.com
Thu Jun 11 02:57:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how we are using the bug tracker.

I noticed that on Launchpad right now there are both umbrella projects
such as "Zope2" and "Zope3", and individual projects such as
"zope.app.form" and "zope.testing" -- but the list of those
subprojects is very far from comprehensive.

I don't understand this duplication. If I fix a bug in, say,
zope.testing, I now have to mark it fixed twice, once for zope.testing
and once for Zope3, and I don't see how this gains us any information.

Shouldn't we rename "Zope3" to "Zope Toolkit" and then fold the
various subprojects into that? (We could still use tags or something
like that if we need additional filtering capabilities)

Am I missing something here?

Wolfgang