[Zope-dev] REQUEST vs. request

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Jun 17 08:47:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Alex Clark<aclark at aclark.net> wrote:
> On 2009-06-17, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In Zope 2, your views *also* support acquisition, because until Zope
>> 2.12 at least, they have to in order to have security. So you can do
>> self.REQUEST on the view, which acquires it from a parent. But this is
>> magic and you shouldn't do it if you can avoid it.
>
> Good explanation, thanks! So in Zope 2.12 we get "z3 style" security?

No. zope.security style security is very different then Zope 2 style
security. The two are quite unlikely going to merge at any point.

What we get in 2.12 is that Acquisition as used by AccessControl is
able to find the acl_users folder from a context that is not
Acquisition wrapped via __of__ but has only __parent__ pointers. See
http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/WHATSNEW.html#acquisition-redux
for some more detailed information.

Hanno