[Zope-dev] REQUEST vs. request

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon Jun 22 04:40:59 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-16, Patrick Gerken <do3ccqrv at googlemail.com> wrote:

> A testcase in my code fails, and after a lot of digging, I am finding that
> the reason are wrong results from the catalog. The catalog returns bad
> results because he caches the results in the request.
> My test consists of a number of steps, for multiple times I do a
> getMultiAdapter, always with fresh TestRequests. Still it seems, that the
> catalog always use some other, rotten REQUEST.

I've had the same problem in some test.  If I remember correctly it had to do
with the path index.  What I did in the end in my doctest was to delete the
REQUEST attribute that the index used for caching.  It looks a bit weird to
have a delete_interfering_request_to_fix_test() all the time, but it worked.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com