[Zope-dev] RFC: ZTK custom publications, zope.app.publication, and zope.traversing

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jun 23 15:07:18 EDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>>
>>> For my own education, I would like to understand why it makes
>>> sense for zope.container to depend on zope.tales.  This dependency
>>> suggests people need to understand ZPT in order to understand
>>> container relationships, which seems wrong to me.
>> Because it provides traversal adapters needed soley by zope.tales.
>
> Sorry, you lost me on the first sentence (and the rest doesn't make
> sense yet to me as a result).  You first said that zope.container is
> going to depend on zope.tales.  Now you're saying zope.tales is
> going to depend on zope.container.  If you meant the latter, then I
> understand. :-)

Where did I say that zope.tales is going to depend on zope.container?
It would have been more precise if I has said that "it provides
traversal adapters used soley by zope.tales".  zope.containers
provides adapters to do path traversal.  ZPT is the only thing that
does path traversal.

Jim
--
Jim Fulton