[Zope-dev] How to test changes to ZTK packages?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jun 30 06:28:31 EDT 2009

I should know this, but I don't.  What is the recommended way to test
changes to core ZTK packages to mitigate the risk that changes affect
other packages? Is there a page somewhere with instructions?

I tried using using zope.release.  Building the trunk of zope.release
with Python 2.4 and running the tests gives lots of test import errors
and test failures.  (Lots of tests want to import z3c.pt.) The tests
hang when I try to build and run with Python 2.6.

BTW, zope.release wants lxml, which is a real pain on Mac OS X and
Centos 4.  Does the ZTK really need to depend on lxml?

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation