[Zope-dev] How to test changes to ZTK packages?

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Jun 30 13:18:02 EDT 2009

On 6/30/09 7:03 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:
> It is needed for the "latest-versions" script as this parses XML. I consider
> lxml pretty much the standard tool to do XML in Python these days. Who is not
> using lxml?

I suspect the majority of people who use OSX as their main platform try
to stay as far away from lxml as possible. Not because lxml is bad, but
because unless you use special magic it will make your python randomly
segfault. This is very sad, and it is not lxml's fault but I see no good
solution at this moment.

Using z3c.recipe.staticlxml recipe helps a bit for people using
buildout, but that is not everyone and even then I have seen random
segfaults.

Wichert.