[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 2 18:36:37 EST 2009

Hi there,

To people who are suggesting we don't need a steering group nor a name
for the Zope Framework, please answer the following questions:

* how will the community make hard decisions where lots of people
disagree? What is the mechanism for making hard decisions? Don't say Jim
makes them because as you may have noticed Jim *hasn't* been making so
many of those in recent times. We need to solve this problem.

* who reminds us of necessary tasks and directions we're going into?
Sometimes the community collectively decides on moving forward.
Sometimes it doesn't. Are we really maintaining our issue tracker well, say?

* what do we call the codebase that Zope 2, Zope 3 and Grok all share?
If your answer is "Zope 3", does the ZMI belong to Zope 3 or not? If
not, where does it belong?

Like it or not, we do have a leadership problem and we do have a muddled
way of thinking about Zope 3 in our community. We need to fix them, so I
want to hear alternatives from people who don't like my proposal.

Regards,

Martijn