[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 2 18:51:51 EST 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
[snip]
> Sure. But that doesn't mean a steering group is the right solution.

Why not? What do you think is the right solution?

I can see a number of alternatives:

* a pope that has the leadership role. We had Jim, but the pope's
resting. We could institute a new pope. Who?

* a small team of people, let's say 2 to 5 that takes on that leadership
role, sharing some of the burden and representing a slightly wider range
of interests. A steering group.

* a voting system. The current system of +1 or -1 from anybody who
bothers to reply isn't very effective in my experience; in any
controversial discussion the opinions are so mixed nothing tends to
happen, or alternatively people just avoid discussions and do things
without discussions. Solutions proposed that are harder to understand
might get ignored.

Regards,

Martijn