[Zope-dev] Zope 3 app server dying? (was Re: the Zope Framework project)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:40:07 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 14:15, Gary Poster <gary.poster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2009, at 6:38 AM, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
>>
>> And I am personally interested if the Zope 3 app server is something
>> that's
>> dying in favour for other projects (Plone/Grok) or is actively used.
>
> Not clear on what you mean by the "app server".
>
> If you mean zope.publisher, no, I don't think it is dying.

I guess he means as a separate release. And I think the answer to that
also is "no". Those who currently use Zope 3 as a platform without
basing it on Grok or Repoze.bfg are likely to continue to do so for
quite some time, and they need a separate release. I don't think The
Zope 3 app server is likely to die any more than the Zope 2 app
server.

Now, in five years, maybe. But then again, by then we could all have
suffered an alien invasion. :-D

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/