[Zope-dev] zope.password

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 06:53:55 EDT 2009

2009/3/10 Hanno Schlichting <hannosch at hannosch.eu>:
> Dan Korostelev wrote:
>> This was done to avoid dependency on zope.schema. However, I also find
>> it very useful to have that vocabulary in zope.password. I think we
>> can add it to the "vocabulary" submodule without adding dependency on
>> zope.schema at egg level, because one who wants to use the vocabulary
>> probably already has zope.schema installed. I'll do that.
>
> That reasoning sounds flawed to me.
>
> Either you have a dependency and declare it or you don't have a
> dependency. Since we don't want to use "extras" anymore, I think this
> calls for another package which depends on zope.password and zope.schema.

I still don't like/get the idea of creating and maintaining extra
package that merely contains a vocabulary factory for another package.
Whatever, I reverted that change. Roger, just exclude
zope.app.authentication's "password.zcml" file, include
"zope.password" explicitly and define your own vocabulary.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev