[Zope-dev] ZPT attributes and ""

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:56:37 EDT 2009

2009/3/10 Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com>:
> The change would need to be in zope.tal.

True.

> I'm ambivalent; while it makes sense to me in isolation, the affect on
> existing templates is undesirable, and compatibility is a huge deal
> for this bit of machinery.

I agree, but it would be interesting to gauge the usage of this
functionality (e.g. if everyone could put a breakpoint in the right
place, run their apps and check).

Actually, I think this is a bug; why would the empty string not be
printed? If we can agree it's a bug, then I guess it should be fixed
as part of the general maintenance of the package.

At any rate, if we did change/fix the behavior, a warning should
probably be issued. If an attribute == "" then log a warning such as
"The behavior of this has changed. Make sure your templates are
updated."

\malthe