[Zope-dev] Dependencies for ZCML

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:26:39 EDT 2009

2009/3/11 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
>> Oh, and on the topic, one more time: can we have a steering group
>> decision on the package requirements for zcml statements? Are we doing
>> extras for them or simply skipping them?
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear that there was an open question and I'm afraid I
> don't understand this one. :)
>
> Could you point me to the appropriate thread that was left in the
> middle, or could you start a new thread with a description of the open
> question?

I'm too lazy now to search in archives, so I'll just describe again.
For example, the zope.password package only requires zope.interface to
be functional. But it's configure.zcml contains directives that need
zope.component (or repoze.zcml) and zope.security. Also, the zcml
thing itself needs zope.configure as well. Should we mention it in
extra dependencies somehow or just document it, saying that zcml is
intented to be used in more zope3-ish environment that already has
needed packages, so others can simply ignore these files.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev