[Zope-dev] Death of local/persistent permissions (zope.app.security refactoring)

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:17:21 EDT 2009

2009/3/11 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
>>> You're talking about locally defined permissions, correct, not about
>>> giving someone a permission locally?
>>
>> I'm talking about local persistent permissions that can be added to
>> ZODB and registered per site. It's zope.securitypolicy that gives
>> local permissions, so, LocalPermission has nothing to do with local
>> grants.
>
> Right, that's what I thought. Agreed they should go off into a package
> on its own, probably to eventually die. :) (I have bad memories of
> struggling with this stuff in a sprint in 2003).

Thinking now. If we want local persistent permissions to be considered
dead and we want to discourage their usage, may be the package should
be called "zope.app.localpermission" then? If so, we could also move
its ZMI views there and forget about that package. :) It's just
because "zope.localpermission" name sounds like "some nice part of
zope framework", but in reality, the functionality provided by the
package is deprecated for use withing _the framework_.

But, do we really want it deprecated and dead? May be there's some
nice use cases for it? Anyone?

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev