[Zope-dev] [Zope 2.12] distribution broken

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:17:02 EDT 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:

> As mentioned earlier: use buildout. easy_install support has no high
> priority right now.

Whilst I understand that we don't have the capacity to test all
different configurations now, I think it's a good principle to try to
avoid a 'hard' dependency on zc.buildout. If we can, we should rely on
e.g. setuptools console scripts rather than things generated through
specific recipes.

Of course, this is just part of an evolution. 'mkzopeinstance' was a
completely custom build solution. Using a standard zc.buildout
configuration is better, imho, than maintaining a custom build script.
But using just setuptools/eggs and letting buildout be a preference
rather than a hard dependency is better still.

Martin