[Zope-dev] zopectl does not terminate

Hedley Roos hedleyroos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:39:41 EDT 2009

Hi all

I run my script foo.zctl with "zopectl run foo.ctl param1 param2".
This script operates on a large ZODB and catches ConflictErrors
accordingly. It iterates over a set, updates data and commits the
transaction every 100 iterations. But I've noticed two things:

1. ConflictErrors are never fully caught. The show up in the console
(this is acceptable I suppose), but my script stops executing on the
conflict and does not continue. The zope process stays alive.
2. In the event of no conflict errors my script executes its last line
(print 'done') but the process does not always terminate.

If I instruct my script to not update the ZODB at all it terminates
without problems. I'm running it on a live site with 7 ZEO clients.
I've stopped a client (say client 2) so it is not accessed
concurrently and run my script with client2/zopectl. It is in fact a
Plone site but that should be irrelevant.

Thanks for any help
Hedley